Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, July 10, 2010

An Ill Wind Blows

    
My friends, the environmental scourge of our lifetime and generations to come has breached the walls of the valley of Wyoming. Although most might not agree with me, I truly believe we have been preparing for this all along...we just didn't understand it until now.



The Wyoming Valley geosyncline is a unique surface feature. The curving valley walls running northeast to southwest affect many things, including wind patterns. I'm not making this up as I go along, folks. I studied under noted meteorologist Dr. Bruce Berryman while at Wilkes and I know this stuff pretty damn straight up.
Rain shadows, anyone?



So I ask, what will the winds blowing across the drilling site in Plains Township - across the open pits laden with frackwater or the bags of chemicals ripped open on the ground - bring to your neighborhood?

Into your homes while you sleep at night?

No comments:

Post a Comment