+ + +

+  +  +

To All First Time Visitors

I've noticed a significant increase in the number of first time visitors in the past 30 days.

First & foremost: Welcome!

As a brief intro; I've been blogging since 1999. I have a degree in Earth & Environmental Science, and have twice taken the Susquehanna River to the #1 spot on American Rivers annual "Most Endangered" list; first in 2005 and again in 2011. I stopped counting when I hit the 2,000 mile mark paddling on the Susquehanna.

When it comes to my favorite river and the environmental challenges it continues to face, I've forgotten more than most of the newly-ordained "experts" out there. To that end, I've scaled back my public activism over the past few years out of sheer frustration at the (mostly) clueless cacophony coming from the new crop of wannabes seeking their 15 seconds of...whatever.

Unfortunately, I'm getting restless again.

Stay tuned.

+ + +

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hanging Tough

I find it interesting that my medical insurance carrier has had no problem accepting my premiums for the past 6+ years, but when I need a hospital bed in my home to facilitate my safe rehabilitation - as directed by my orthopedic surgeon - from a bilateral quadriceps tendon rupture...that's right folks, I completely severed them both; my wife ( an RN with 30+ years experience ) and I and our Physical Therapist are getting the royal runaround since last Friday. According to my insurance company, I neither need nor qualify for a hospital bed with an overhead trapeze even though it has been formally ordered by my surgeon as part of my rehab.

Folks, the quality of the rest of my life is on the line here if I don't get up on my feet soon...and that is not an overstatement.

This is hitting way too close to home. If I fall, so will they.

I promise.


1 comment:

  1. Don- Hope you get better very soon! So sorry about your injury. It sounds very painful. Peacegirl

    ReplyDelete