Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Lump of Coal...for Me?

  


Having three children - all 21+ - who enjoy trying new beers and wines has an added plus; they can do all the sampling for me and report back on anything they think I should try. No calories, no cost...and nothing to pour down the drain if I don't like it.

This Christmas, I received a small sampler of several new stouts to try. I give a solid thumbs-up to "Lump of Coal", an English Ale brewed and bottled in the UK. Described on the back label as "liquid consolation" to "take the edge off of that grim family gathering, that cheerless annual festival of alienation", I'd highly recommend trying a glass or bottle if you ever see it offered at your local watering hole.

Busy weekend ahead, folks.  Later.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment