Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, February 8, 2010

Who Dat that Knockin' at my Door?

I could write a lofty introduction explaining why I want to protest in front of the two PA entities I hold responsible and accountable for this Marcellus Shale mess we currently find ourselves in, but just don't feel it is necessary.

Along with most of our elected "leaders", the SRBC and PA DEP are - at best - doing their jobs poorly to protect our woods and waters. By standing on their doorstep and making a very public statement in opposition to their current "rubber-stamping" approach to approving permits - even in floodplains - I will let them know at least a few folks are not satisfied with writing letters and offering public testimony. The first amendment of our Constitution reads as follows:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
I intend to exercise my right to speak freely and assemble peaceably. I have approved permits for both locations. The maximum headcount is limited, so if you want to join me, send me an e-mail.

Details:

  • Where: Harrisburg, PA.
  • When: Friday, 2/12/2010
  • Location: 8a-12p in front of the SRBC building
  •                1p-4p in fron of the DEP building

If you cannot join me, but wish to e-sign the petition I'll be hand-delivering, please send your name, full mailing address and e-mail address to me by Thursday morning. I'll post the contents of my petition tonight.

Thanks.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment