Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Monday, July 13, 2015

"Clean Earth" My Keister


First...I wanted to post the river levels at Wilkes-Barre over the past few days.
 
Where were the projected flash floods? The river never passed the magical 6' level.
 
More on that in a day or two.

 
 
An article regarding PA's "Grand Canyon" caught my eye this morning.
 
"Since 2011, Clean Earth has put drill cuttings in an abandoned coal mine and two brownfields around the state."
 
Read the rest here.
 
And now "Clean Earth" is proposing to build a runway out of these radioactive Marcellus Shale drill cuttings.
 
While the article focused on the proposed airport runway extension near Pine Creek, my bigger concern was what would eventually happen to the cuttings being placed in abandoned mines. I wonder where these mines are located?
 
Why?
 
Because I've seen what can happen when water flows through abandoned mines.
 
It can make it back to the surface.
 
AMD outflow on the Susquehanna below Pittston PA
 
A clear vision for a cleaner planet. Really?
 
Happy Monday.
 
Later.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment