Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Phase II - And Away We Go...

 
In hospital 1 day post-surgery - January 2013
 
February 2013
 
 
On the way for a check-up: March 2013
 
  
April 2013
 
 
Memorial Day - May 2013
  
 Wyoming Valley RiverFest - June 2013
 
Trip to Boston (I drove) - Early July 2013
 
So far, I've been able to hit all of the goals I set for myself since January 2013.

Now we're on to Phase II.

On August 1st, all of my baseline metrics were independently recorded, I've been given a list of exercises to use as a guideline for workouts over the next month, and...I'm off & running walking.

As much as I've followed the recommendations/restrictions and rules established by others over the past six months, as far as I am concerned, these are the only three I will adhere to from now until January 2014:

  1. No running
  2. No jumping
  3. No falling

And that, my friends, leaves me to my own devices as far as what I will be doing to get my legs back to where they were prior to my fall.

I've had quite a few folks tell me they like following my progress online, and I appreciate that. Going forward, a day or two after I do my monthly "weigh in" with my P/T, I will post an update. Since a decrease in how much I weigh will also bring several of the other metrics we'll be tracking down as well, I'm setting a goal - today - of a minimum drop in bodyweight of 4% between 8/1 and 9/3/13. This will be a tough one, as if I'm successful in building the muscle mass I've lost in my legs...I will be gaining weight there while I'm trying to lose weight elsewhere.

Should be fun...

Pretty much everyone I talk to @ work agrees the P/T I've chosen (the gym is in our building) is a very good but tough & unforgiving taskmaster. I may regret it...but I've challenged her to push me.

Let's see how she does.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment