Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Rage Builds

  
Folks, I have a honey-do list the size of a small novelette sitting on the kitchen counter, so today's post will be brief.  Between a pile of mulch delivered yesterday, a power-washing job, a second-story shutter needing replacement, and the upper level gutters needing cleaning...I'll be outside most of the day.

And no, that's not what I'm raging about.

While doing my normal internet news search earlier this morning, I ran across this article with several key quotes from our current Lt. Governor.

This was my favorite:


"There has never been a documented case of water being affected by fracking for Marcellus shale," Cawley said. "Yes, there are sections of this state where you can turn on the tap and light your water on fire. Methane is in the water. That is caused by irresponsible drilling 50 and 60 years ago."

Followed by this:


     "Cawley's deputy chief of staff, Chad Saylor, said the lieutenant governor's comments were nonetheless accurate. The process of fracking is not in itself risky, Saylor said."
  

What arrogant idiots. As a tax-paying, voting native born son of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, these folks - who work for me - are really starting to grate on my nerves with their outright industry-supporting revisionist lies. That is the rage that is building.

I'll be back with an MER Redux post later this weekend.

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment