Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Random Ramblings on a Sunday Morning

   
Busy weekend folks. Our basement, which was host to ~4"  ( 10 cm ) of water thanks to record rainfall at the beginning of October, is now ready for painting and to be put back together. We've used the same contractor for the 4th time now on various jobs throughout the house, and we were once again pleased with the efficiency and quality of the work done. Today is my day to get the furniture, A/V equipment and computer workstations back in place. Should be fun...

Scanning the Internet this morning, I came to the conclusion that most of my fellow bloggers have pretty much nailed the protocols for mining Marcellus Shale-related happenings. Check out the blogroll to the left for all the recent happenings. And as most visitors have an extra 60 minutes this morning, spend a few of them @ Reflections when you get a chance. Not only can Steve take some great pictures, the man can write. So today, I'm going to touch briefly on a couple of recent events and, as some might say, be all over the map with today's post.



If you're wondering why I used the pic above, check out this article. One by one, freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution are being slowly challenged and/or taken away. I am very happy I do not live within an easy drive of Northumberland Borough, and I'll leave it at that.

Am I a bass or a lass? Seems fish in the Susquehanna, thanks to the pharmaceutical cocktail we flush down our drains and toilets which are not removed by wastewater treatment plants, are showing up in increasing numbers with traits of both genders. Read more here.

And, since we are now dumping treated fracking wastewater into the Susquehanna, who knows what we'll be finding next. The picture isn't pretty and it's getting worse every day.

I received a few new pics from my friends along the north branch of the Susquehanna in the past few days. Here's the best IMHO, taken near Wysox, PA.

Photo by D. Natt

Finally, for today anyway, I recently learned that several folks who present themselves as stewards of the Susquehanna River have leased their land for natural gas drilling. In one instance, it will require drilling UNDER the Susquehanna River to get to their property. 

I am deeply disturbed to have learned this. More down the road.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment