Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The P/T Joy Ride is Over

  
My Physical Therapist was here at 9 a.m. yesterday, which is the earliest visit so far. On the agenda:  recalibrating my leg braces from 40 degrees to 70 degrees flexion. Zero degrees to 30 was easy, as was 30 to 40.
 
From 40 to 70?
 
All I will offer is that my quads above the knees feel like some huge rubber bands are about to snap every time I get beyond 60 degrees when doing partial squats...and negotiating the steps to our 2nd floor or basement are still out of the question, unless I want to go up and down in a butt-crawl position.
 
For the remainder of the day, this song kept reverberating through my mind.




 
Got to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues,
And you know it don't come easy.
You don't have to shout or leap about,
You can even play them easy.


I have two weeks of P/T before we go from 70 to 90 degrees.

Should be fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment