Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Towanda Creek Valley: Meth Central




And that would be methane, folks.

I'm hearing that some scientific type folks descended upon Bradford County, Rte. 414 and the surrounding countryside yesterday. I'm hearing the super-high-tech methane detection devices that they brought along got a meter-pegging workout. And I'm also hearing the geology dude in the entourage was talking about a huge fracture zone that never should be drilled/fracked and something about "going nationwide" with what was happening to the people here.
    
Folks, I was lecturing about the geology/geomorphology of northeastern PA over...ugh, 34 years ago. I'm not an "expert", but I'm a helluva lot further down the pike than most of those spewing forth their pabulum at countless public hearings and informational seminars I've attended over the past few years.

As with every Saturday morning...lots going on today. I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with one of my contacts in Bradford County about another recently discovered bubbling hotspot. I've got an appointment with a dermatologist about some rashes on my right hand, and I just had some upgrades and soundproofing added to my home office and need to hook everything back up again.

Last weekend, a full week after my first post about the problems in Leroy, while doing some work ( mulching ) outside, I noticed a black limo with blacked-out windows sitting for well over an hour on our PRIVATE drive. I'm sure there was a very plausible explanation for him being there. Nonetheless...I called a neighbor, had him walk along the treeline, and got a pic of the LIMO license plate. Rest assured I circulated it widely.





There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, now, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
Stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

 - Lyrics by Buffalo Springfield



Semper Vigilans...Semper Paratus.

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Why did you blue out the license plate? Would love to know who drives around in this type of car and trespasses?
    Thanks
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the outside chance this guy was doing nothing more than taking a long break in a shady spot, I decided not to post the entire plate number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is on your property, I believe you can post anything you like. The driver cedes his right to privacy when he parked on your land? Not to mention the trespassing issue.

    ReplyDelete