Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Waypoints: The Wysox Narrows



For those folks that have never been in a canoe or kayak on the Susquehanna River, I've decided to create a new feature: Waypoints. Going forward, whenever I get a chance, I'm going to post a few pics from the thousands I have and take you to a point along the Susquehanna that I have paddled through over the years. This will be a work in progress, but for now, I'll start with a few pics and brief comments. 

Where: Wysox, Bradford County, PA, USA.

Why: The river takes some unique twists and turns and is loaded with gravel bars. 


Above: Me paddling through some of the faster water. Note the visible currents and gravel bars.
Below: Folks taking a break on a hot summer day. Yes...you can swim there.


Above: Sunset over Wysox
Below: One more time...

Below: Paddling at dawn just below the Rte. 187 bridge


Thanks to Dan & Karen for most of the pics above. They live right along the river and get to see this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment