Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, February 7, 2016

DCNR, POWR, EHMR...& Free Posters?


 
If there is a longer running blog about the Susquehanna River on this planet, I'd like to be made aware of it.

Until then...
 
+  +  +
  
It's old news by now that the north branch of the Susquehanna River garnered the most votes in a popularity contest and has been named PA's "River of the Year" for 2016.
 
 
"DCNR and POWR will work with the Endless Mountains Heritage Region (EMHR) to create a free, commemorative poster celebrating the Susquehanna River North Branch as the 2016 Pennsylvania River of the Year. EMHR, the applicant nominating the waterway in close cooperation with the Susquehanna Greenway Partnership, will receive a $10,000 Leadership Grant to help fund year-long River of the Year activities."
 
You can check out the rest of the details here.

I wonder how much of an impact all those free posters will have on the future clean-up of this ancient river? And I wonder how much of the taxpayers' money will be wasted having a bunch of state-funded bureaucrats sitting in a conference room deciding which photo & font style/color should be used on those 2016 River of the Year posters?

Just when I thought I was OUT...they pull me back in.

 

 
Where do they get these people?

And yes...I can do better.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment