Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Response to Fanny Float Op/Ed


 
Here's my response to the Fanny Float Op/Ed in the Times Leader:
 

"I've paddled through the Wyoming Valley many times over the past ~20 years. This "fanny float" is not a good idea, especially in this section of the Susquehanna. Between the Butler Mine Tunnel's discharge, multiple combined CSO's, acid mine drainage entering the river from the Lackawanna and points seen and unseen...floating in direct contact with that water for an hour or more is not something I would recommend. Upstream of the valley, perhaps. The Op/Ed folks should reach out to The SRI @ King's and get Dr. Mangan's opinion on this. I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say. Also, it really is a shame the River Common is underutilized. I've passed by many times while in the area on weekends and with the exception of skateboarders and kids doing stunts on bikes...it's usually deserted. Where are the hundreds of thousands of visitors this project was supposed to attract? The million$ in revenue? And cost prohibitive? What are the fees to host an event on the River Common? I'd like to see those published."

 
As usual, there were multiple comments from anonymous individuals. I actually agreed with what one of them had to say.
 
I guess there's hope for me yet.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment