Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Thursday, January 15, 2015

DEP's John Quigley: Freudian Slip?


If you are not yet up to speed on our incoming governor's new cabinet selections, take a few minutes to ramp up here and here.

 
I don't know if you caught it, but while reading the latter piece, this quote from our incoming DEP Secretary John Quigley did not slip by unnoticed: 
 
"I know my way around Harrisburg, I understand the politics and issues," Quigley said. "Citizens need to have confidence in the agency and the agency has the responsibility to be transparent. One of the most effective ways to do that is to be engaging all interests and trying to find the most construction paths forward."
 
Now, I wasn't there, but I have to start with the premise that the reporter that wrote the article was there and that he/she took accurate notes. In my mind, what Mr. Quigley should have said was "...the most constructive paths forward."
 
But, assuming once again that the reporter got it right, and spell-check and/or a tight deadline was not ultimately responsible for this obvious error, Mr. Quigley's parapraxis does not bode well for Pennsylvania's environment in the years ahead.

Corbett needed to go - period.

However, I'm beginning to feel uneasy about his successor.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment