Welcome / Bienvenu / добро пожаловать / 欢迎

+++

Sunday, March 24, 2013

One Day at a Time...


 
I guess I hit another mini-milestone this weekend when I decided to ditch my braces and forearm crutches while walking around the house. I also, for the first time, am able to - albeit slowly and in a near horizontal position - contort/bend my body & legs enough to get into the front seat of our Prius. And finally, I was able to attend Mass yesterday ( I would pick Palm Sunday with the reading of the Passion, etc. ) for the first time in over two months. I sat in the front (handicapped) row with no kneeler, and was able to make it through all the ups & downs and lengthy standing without incident.
 
I still have a l-o-n-g way to go, as I still cannot negotiate steps or drive...but I'm closely following the instructions all of my medical professionals are constantly repeating: be slow, be safe, & be protective.
 
Anyway, I've been going almost nonstop today lifting and moving boxes in the garage...including the one I was carrying when I pitched down the steps back in January. We've put most of the stuff in storage for now, but I retain a pic or treasure now and then for the heck of it.
 
 
 Above: I believe it's a recording about the Knox Mine Disaster
Below: Pics of Son & Father ~20 years apart.
 
 
Below: Pics ( October 1951 ) & a SCP from my Dad's time in Korea.
My Dad is on the right in both pics below.
 
 
 
 
 
My dad was the QB for the 34th Infantry Regiment Dragons.
 
 
 
Any former Huskies out there?
 
 
Al who?  Singing Stephen who?
 
 
 Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment