+ + +

+  +  +

To All First Time Visitors

I've noticed a significant increase in the number of first time visitors in the past 30 days.

First & foremost: Welcome!

As a brief intro; I've been blogging since 1999. I have a degree in Earth & Environmental Science, and have twice taken the Susquehanna River to the #1 spot on American Rivers annual "Most Endangered" list; first in 2005 and again in 2011. I stopped counting when I hit the 2,000 mile mark paddling on the Susquehanna.

When it comes to my favorite river and the environmental challenges it continues to face, I've forgotten more than most of the newly-ordained "experts" out there. To that end, I've scaled back my public activism over the past few years out of sheer frustration at the (mostly) clueless cacophony coming from the new crop of wannabes seeking their 15 seconds of...whatever.

Unfortunately, I'm getting restless again.

Stay tuned.

+ + +

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Wyoming Valley Massacre of 1757


Think July 3, 1778 was the first/only raid on the Wyoming Valley?
 
 
The early to mid-1700's were turbulent times all along the American frontier, and the valley of Wyoming was no exception. I hope you have the time to read Thomas Pattison's journal which gives us a glimpse of the not-so-distant past.

Tomorrow: Round 1 of the Conestoga Massacre
 
 
Susquehanna River @ Wysox
Photo by DK Natt
  

No comments:

Post a Comment