Another beautiful Saturday morning is beginning to unfold...
Got a couple of points I need to cover based upon my dealings with fellow fracktivists over the past few weeks:
- Please carry a digital camera with you at all times. Preferably one with video capability. Leaving it at home is not an option. Take multiple pictures of each location. If you send anything to me, indicate if I have permission to post AND if I should give you credit.
- If you find a spill, methane blowout, bubbling hot spot or anything out-of the ordinary, note the exact location. Most smart phones have GPS capability. If yours doesn't, write down the nearest landmarks, tie a fluorescent piece of tape to a tree closest to the spot, backtrack and record the EXACT mileage to the nearest landmark, e.g. bridge, intersection, house...etc. I think you get it.
- Please do NOT send out emails with visible distribution lists. Send everything out as bcc's. Trust me on that one. I know people are forwarding emails to the NGI folks. And if you choose to do otherwise, I respectfully request that I be removed from all future emails.
- Finally, I do this on my personal time. During the work week, I'm pretty much unavailable between 8a and 6p. If you want me to call, please leave an evening number or your cell phone and the latest time you'll be accepting calls.
- Forgot..one more thing. For all the folks who have been calling me at work and hanging up when I answer ( there's been a significant increase over the past ~60 days )...knock yourselves out. My employer is FULLY AWARE of my personal activities...up to the GC level. Within 24 hours of discovering that my employer was joining the Marcellus Shale Coalition, I went right to HR and gave full disclosure. I have all the back-up I need.
Below: Yours truly & an international cinematographer. Wait 'til you see what he's putting together.
Above: Overlooking the Susquehanna & French Azilum